For the background I used some fiberpaste. Once that was dry I went over it using Pan Pastels in sunset colors.
I wanted the background to show up through the hot air balloon, but I did not have any hot air balloon stamps. So I used a hot air balloon image from the Graphic Fairy and transferred it onto clear packing tape. I then adhered it to the background.
Next I added lots of flowers that I colored with Distress Stain and some Gears and wings from Tim Holtz that I colored with alcohol ink.
So in the end I think that the sunset - Steampunk theme works together rather well. I know it is not the traditional colors normally used with Steampunk, but I love the bright colors and I hope you do too. As always thank you for stopping by.