I am here to share a birthday hat I created for the wonderful king of stamps and the creator of Stampers Anonymous, Ted. To quote Samuel Ullman - Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
There are way too many layers to describe in just one post so I will give you a few highlights. I started by using a ton of stamps, of course all from Stampers Anonymous.
I masked off sections of 3 pieces of craft color cardstock to create somewhat straight rows and stamped using Archival ink.
I came across a tutorial on how to make a pleated top hat here. I cut, scored, folded and glued according to the directions. I then inked the raised folds with Gathered Twigs Distress ink for a bit of a grungy look.
I am a firm believer that age is just a number and you can achieve anything you desire, no matter your age. So I decided to use a variety of numbers on this birthday top hat. Speaking of numbers, The Challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show is Challenge By Numbers. I am of course submitting this for a chance to win a gift certificate to the wonderful Simon Says Stamp.
I wanted to add a bit of texture to the metal numbers so I used pieces of metal foil cut from the Washer Border Die and inked with various Alcohol inks. I then went over the numbers very lightly with some black acrylic paint.
I found a bit of inspiration from pintrest and Sari Hannen. I loved how she added extra dimension to her hat using film strip. I decided to use strips of craft cardstock. I stamped the just the edges by masking off one of the Stamps form the Dylusions Bordering on the Edge stamp set. I also used a stamp for Tim Holtz's Mixed Media Stamp set and stamped lightly in random spots.
I covered grunge paper with foil tape and then cut out several flowers using the Tattered Florals Die. If you need any inspiration on how to use the Tattered Florals die you must check out Tim's Tattered Floral Challenge.
I then ran the flowers through several different embossing folders and inked them with various colors of Alcohol ink. I sanded the raised areas to expose the metal. I then added a grunged up wooden bingo number to the middle of each of them.
I hope Ted enjoys my little creation. As always thank you very much for stopping by!