I know what you are thinking, those don't go together at all. Or do they? Well let's just say that this is not your typical Halloween card. I love steampunk and Halloween, so when the Art for the Creative Mind Yahoo Group proposed this as a swap I had to participate.
I started off with a plain piece of chip board. I inked it up with Vintage Photo and Walnut Distress Ink. I then used the Alcohol Resist Technique from A Compendium of Curiosities Volume II Book for the square in the middle. Check out L3 Studio for the Alcohol Resist challenge.
Next I ran a black piece of cardstock through my Big Shot with the Steampunk Embossing Folder. I then went over the raised areas with Gold Rub-n-Buff and Frayed Bulap Distress Embossing Powder. I am a big fan of Sarah over at La-De-Dah and got this next idea off of her blog. I added a bit of clear embossing powder in a few areas to add to the rusted look.
Next up the gears for some added Steampunk. I simply inked then with Various colors of Alcohol Ink and again added a bit of the clear embossing powder.
I love how my glass bottle came out. I crackled them with Distress Rock Candy Crackle Paint. After the crackle was dry I added lots of layers of Alcohol Ink. I is hard to see in the picture, but they are really textured and rusty looking. I am going to submit this to the Simon Says Stamp and Show Rustification Challenge.
Last step was to add some Halloween elements in. A little plastic skull again inked all up and some sparkle added to his eyes.
The bat and the frame are both cut out of the Cricut using the Happy Hauntings Cartridge. They are of course inked up a bit. I added a full coat of clear embossing powder to them to make them pop off a bit.
So I hope you enjoyed this post. I really had a wonderful time creating this. Thank you for stopping by and have a fantastic day!