Well once again I have been way too busy to blog. So I am very happy to be back and to show you a few new "charming" creations. All of these little charms are for a Halloween Swap I am hosting for the Yahoo Group All Things Tim.
As you can see I needed to make a whole lot of these spooky creations, 300 to be exact! So this is a long post, but here are the details behind each one.
The bottle caps are pretty easy, simply punch 2 holes in the cap for the jump rings. Make sure to punch the holes towards the upper edge of the cap.
Then punch out a 1" circle and adhere it to the inside of the cap. Next fill the cap with some Glossy Accents making sure not to fill in the holes you punched (which is why you wanted to punch them as close to the edge as possible). Let the Glossy Accents dry overnight and then add your jump rings and bottom charm.
The domino is fairly easy as well. You simply ink the domino using various colors of Alcohol Ink.
Next I used Tim Holtz's Seasonal Paper Stash and used Modge Podge to glue the paper to the domino. After the Modge Podge is dry you can drill a hole into the top of the domino and screw in an eye screw so you can hang it.
The bottom of the hat is made with the Tim Holtz Rosette Die. I threaded a piece wire through the finished rosette so I would have a way to hang the hat. I also added beads on the wire, under the rosette to finish the wire off.
Next step is to glue the hat onto the rosette piece. To finish it off I added one more silver bead at the top and stickled the edge of the rosette.
And last but not least, the Halloween flower. I came across this idea on a You Tube video that you can see here. I changed mine around a bit and used both paper and crinoline material.
I inked the paper flowers using Dusty Concord Distress Ink. The crinoline flower were inked with Seedless Preserve Distress Ink.
I also used Fabric Stiffener instead of the spray starch. I simply poured a bit onto my craft mat dipped the inked flowers into it, so they were pretty soggy. Then I just crinkled them all up, let them dry a bit, and then unwrinkled them. I was really happy with the result. You can see the difference in the picture below. The flowers on the left are not stiffened yet.
I used Stickled to give the edges of the flowers some sparkle before gluing them all together. I also added some paint to the plastic Halloween figures to give them a more spooky look.
So thank you for stopping by and reading this far. Stay tuned this week for one more charm post and next week i will post the finished products!