A while back I participated in a Halloween swap at the All Things Tim Yahoo Group. Everyone's pages came out wonderful. I finally got around to binding all of the Spooky 4x6 pages together. I was going to make a cover for the book too, but then decided it really did not need one.
For the accordion binding I cut a 12x12 cardstock to the size of my pages - the longest one being 6". So I started scoring a 12"x6" cardstock on the 12" side. After much experimenting - actually after many mistakes I finally figured out how I needed to fold the accordion binding. My first attempt I scored every 3/8" and then accordion folded back and forth at the score marks. The problem with this was the pages were thick and by the time i got to the middle of the book the binding was coming apart. So next I tried scoring at 3/8", then 1/8", then 3/8", then 1/8" - repeated this all the way to the end of the paper. Then discovered that I really did not need that many 1/8" scores. So finally I got this right. I scored the first score at 3/8" then the next at 1/8", then at 3/8" and again at 3/8" then another at 1/8". So for every 2 scores at 3/8" you make one score at 1/8". Hope this is making sense.
Then came the folding part. Accordion fold all of the 3/8" scores and the 1/8" scores so that the binding looks like this.
Next I glued my binding together. To do this I took the part were the pages are not going to be - the spine of the book - this is looking at the 1/8" score area - and glued each 3/8" accordion fold section to the next.
Here is the finished product.
And here is the my page from the book.
Happy Haunting everyone.